We love ‘Giving Back’
We love ‘Giving Back’
Together with The Salvation Army ‘Giving Back’ to kiwis in need.
One of our most exciting points of difference from our competitors is that Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is an integral part of our worldwide workplace culture. Our extensive global network enables us to make a real, tangible, difference in the places we work and the communities that we live amongst.
This is particularly true within our New Zealand business. We operate a highly active volunteering policy which enables staff in our 11 regional offices to use paid time off from work to contribute to community projects in their region.
We get an enthusiastic response from our staff nationwide to our various CSR initiatives and as a collective we regard assisting those less fortunate than ourselves as a privilege and an opportunity that we are passionate about.
We have worked closely with the NZ Salvation Army, or The Sallies as they’re fondly known, since 2012 and we regard them as one of our most valued community partners. Together our two organisations have formed a highly productive partnership and each time we complete a relocation we provide a Priority Box carton for customers to donate tinned foods and other goods. This collaboration with our customers results in 2,000 priority cartons of foodstuffs and other items being donated to the Sallies’ foodbanks and family stores each year.
We also run one off ‘Big Sallie Surprise’ fundraising projects when we see a unique opportunity to support the charitable work of The Sallies. These projects have included:
- The collection of over 100,000 cans of food for the foodbanks.
- Our ‘Container Army’ that delivered over $175,000 of products and services to the Cyclone Winston relief effort in Fiji.
- A two year Cherish a Child sponsorship programme sponsoring children in Fiji, Tonga and Samoa.
- Donating a warehouse full of goods in a ‘Mega Pop Up Family Store’, raising over $40,000 for the Sallies.
- FIL Furniture, Crown’s furniture division sponsored a complete office re-fit for The Army’s Northern Division offices, using only upcycled furniture.
- Partnering with the Oaks Shores suites in Queenstown, re-purposing high-end apartment furniture for transitional housing centres around NZ.
Crown’s highly beneficial charitable campaigns with the Salvation Army have led to The Sallies presenting Crown NZ with their ‘Valued Partner’ award in recognition of our strong relationship. We are proud to be one of only five companies to receive this award since the birth of the Salvation Army in New Zealand in 1883.
‘Crown is so creative, always finding opportunities to contribute-and consistently delivers far beyond our expectations. We’re so grateful for this partnership, which has made a difference to so many people in need around New Zealand and beyond.’ Tim Hamilton – Salvation Army Public Relations Manager
Read more in our latest blog: It’s a privilege to support NZ’s true heroes.
If you would like further information please feel free to visit our contact us page and get in touch directly.