COVID–19 NEWSFLASH: Relocation and Moving Safety Guidelines
A message from Crown’s Country Manager, as at February 28th 2021
At 6:00 am on Sunday 28th February Auckland was put into Alert Level 3 until midnight Sunday the 7th March. The rest of New Zealand is at Alert Level 2 for the same period.
What this means is that new restrictions have been put into place for businesses who continue to operate. The government will be reviewing these restrictions before midnight on the 7th of March.
Level 3 is restrictive and based on an assumption that there is a high risk COVID-19 is not contained. Level 2, with restrictions is about reducing risk, the disease is contained but the risk of community transmission remains.
From a relocations perspective Level 2 and Level 3 means our customers can move freely into and out of Auckland. Unnecessary travel is not recommended. In Auckland masks must be worn on public transport and public gatherings restricted to 10 or less persons.
The rest of New Zealand remains at Alert Level 2 until the next government review. Crown are fully operational and meet or exceed the Health and Safety requirements under both Alert Levels 3 and 2. This includes all services both into and out of Auckland.
COVID-19 Safety Standards
No matter what level we operate under I would like to assure our customers and the public that we will continue to observe our safety standards for their protection. Here is a summary of Crown’s COVID-19 safety standards;
- A number of Crown staff are working from home. Staff identified as especially ‘vulnerable’ have specific plans in place to minimise social contact.
- At Level 3 we expect ‘contactless’ engagement with customers. This ideal scenario is to have only one customer at any address, for either a sales or operational visit.
- At Level 2 we prefer ‘contactless’ engagement with customers. However, if customers observe social distancing protocols (2 m safety zone) we can have more than one person in the home.
- Our sales team are available for home visits, we also recommend that customers consider a WIFI video consultation and survey. All that’s needed is a smartphone or tablet and a strong WIFI signal.
- We will only perform formal sales presentations if the seating arrangements enable social distancing. Our sales consultants can be shown around an address, (by a customer) given a 2m safety zone.
- We have robust contact tracing systems that document interactions between staff, customers, suppliers and site visitors.
- Our operation crews are contacted by their supervisors during the day to ensure they are feeling well and not showing flu like symptoms.
- Within 100kms of a Crown office we will not use 3rd party contracted workers in our Crown Relocations business. Outside the 100km zone (and if it makes perfect sense) we may use an approved service partner to assist with loading or unloading, at residence or into private storage.
- For domestic moves our delivery crews are not unpacking cartons. They will set up the beds, get everything into the right rooms, unpack the furniture and take away the debris. However, there can be exceptions, in the event a customer has physical limitations and will struggle with the task.
- All Crown workplaces have been reconfigured to ensure the correct social distancing of at least 1m, this includes our canteen areas. Office based staff have easy access to facemasks, disinfectant spray, soap and hand sanitizer.
- All crew members have been issued with their own Personal Protection Equipment. (PPE) This includes masks, disposable gloves, hand sanitizer, soap and personal tool boxes. Masks and gloves are considered secondary to regular hand washing with soap and the use of sanitizer.
- Our crews have a supply of odourless, hospital grade disinfecting spray sanitizer. They may use this at addresses that have not been empty for 4 days. The purpose of the spray is to sanitise their work areas, it will not be used directly onto hard surfaces. The spray settles and evaporate within 15 minutes of spraying. In some instances the home will again be sprayed upon our departure.
The above list is not exhaustive and will be flexed up or down as the situation requires. The availability of PPE is a variable that can cause temporary adjustments to our safety procedures.
Our intention during this global pandemic is to take a safety first approach, whatever level we are operating under. We do not apologise for being vigilant and can assure you of our best intentions at all times.
Crown Worldwide (NZ) Ltd